Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Out of My Comfort Zone

I take pictures of people. That's what I do. That's what I feel I have an eye for, it just clicks. I've never been a big fan of taking pictures of stuff. It always looks a little random to me. But my friend asked me to go out to a really old local cemetery to take pictures and I said yes.

First off, I don't like cemeteries. I just don't. They give me the creeps. So I started out just standing around and looking. I just didn't see it. It didn't help that there was no sun. No cool shadows. I had this picture in my mind of some sun flare over an old headstone. I have trouble with sun flare and I thought it would be good practice on a tecnique I could use in my normal photography. Well, that didn't happen.

I ended up with a couple cool ones, I honestly didn't take a lot. I enjoyed walking around, talking with my friend. Here are the ones I ended up liking.


DSC_0036

DSC_0041

DSC_0013

And of course, my favorite picture I took is of my friend when she wasn't looking. Figures.

DSC_0018

No comments:

Post a Comment