Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting ready for my first Maternity Shoot...

Bad blogger, bad. I know its been a while. (Again, not like a whole lot of people are watching, but whatever) I actually have done a lot recently, and learned a lot too. I had successes, and total mental meltdowns. About a week ago I did 3 sessions. All people I konw, but still. It went ok. Some stuff better than others but I learned from the not so good stuff.

But lets not dwell in the past. Today I am doing my first maternity session. And unlike the other families I've done, I have never meet this woman. She is the sister-in-law of a co-worker. It will be herself (8 months along) her husband and 1 and a half year old daughter. I've been doing a lot of research, and by research I mean stalking blogs on line :) I've got a million ideas in my head. We are going to the City Garden, which is the same place I went with Katie on my very first trial run. I love this place. I did go out and buy some props. I don't want to become a big prop person, but I have some simple stuff in my head.

Here is what I got:


I started out with the simple and obvious, some ribbon to tie in a bow around her stomach. Honestly I don't even know if I like this shot, but she had it done with other child so I wanted to do it again for her. I did spend about 20 minutes staring at all the ribbon trying to decide on which one!  

This is for a really cool shot I saw and wanted to try. You have mom hold one side of the string, hand ultrasound pics across it and you hold the other side. Add some DOF and bam! Stunning!
I've always been a fan of the little chalk board. I'm doing this instead of blocks for the name!

And this last thing I bought I'm most excited about. The plan is, at the end of the session, have here daughter but her hand prints in washable paint on moms belly! I came up with this all on my own too :)      (not to say no one has ever done it, I'm sure plenty of people have, I just didn't see it in my "research")  
So that's the stuff that I bought. I asked mom to bring some baby shoes, ones with laces if she has them so I can tie their wedding rings to them. Also asked her to bring the ultrasounds for the string pic and anything else she wants!

I'm so super excited to do this, wish me luck, I'll post pics later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment