Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Just a Quick Update

I realized while posting the latest I Heart Faces entry that I haven't posted a real blog in a while. Things have been going ok I guess. I got real discouraged last week and was ready to quit. Not really I guess but ya know. I did have lunch with a photographer friend of mine and got some advice. She looked at my work and I looked at hers. She didn't imminently start saying what was wrong with all my stuff so that made me happy. I've been working on some stuff on the business side of things. I started working on a website, although I think it will take a few months to really be ready. A girl I work with is going to school for graffic design. She is helping me work on a logo. This is what we have so far. She make the actually logo and I put the frame and green together.



CoffeeShop CutOuts 1_edited-1

Not bad right?

I think the most interesting thing is that I actually have four sessions scheduled for next weekend. None of them paying mind you, but enough to hopfully start a better portfolio. I have my friend Stephanie and her kids (ages 7 and 2) Saturday morning and my 10 month old neice Ivy in the afternoon. Then on Sunday a family with a 3 year old and a couple in the morning. Then my son/s 8th birthday party in the afternoon. I'm hoping to even use the party as an example. I want to offer "small event photography". For about $150 I will come to your birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower or whatever and take pictures. Then you get a photo book and a low res CD. So I'm hoping to use the party as a test for that.

And because you can never have to many pictures, here are some good ones from our visit to Laumeier Sculpture Park. We mostly walked through the woods so I didn't get a whole lot but I like these ones!


Untitled-1 DSC_0159

1 comment:

  1. I think your photos are lovely.

    Good luck with your shoots! :)

    ReplyDelete