Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Everyone, meet Gustav. Gustav, everyone...

Who is everyone? No one reads this! But either way here he is. I found him at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I bought him along with 3 yards of cheep white muslin and piece of white foam board (to use as a reflector). After about an hour or more of being really pissed off I came up with some ok pictures. I was having trouble because it was pretty overcast outside and my built in flash was leaving a nasty shadow. I finally ended up shooting in manual.  There is a bit of editing on these, just the basics (contrast, brightness ext).

1/50
f/5.6
ISO 1600

Gnome 2 Gnome 1 Gnome 3 Gnome 4 Gnome 5

Gnome "drawing"


This last one I came up with just messing around. Turned out kind of cool though. Not sure I could do it again though!


the set up

Pardon my mess but I just wanted to show the set up. I started directly in front of the window but found i got less of a shadow if I had the light come to the side with a reflector.

So ya know. I think they look not bad. I hoping to take Gustav with me around town for lots 'o fun pictures! Look for him in interesting places...

No comments:

Post a Comment