Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Adventures in Photoshop (Elements)

So thanks to my friend and co-worker Amanda, I spent most of our slow day at work today getting some awesome lessons in Photoshop Elements. I'll be honest, before today I was pretty much just messing around with different settings, tools and actions until I thought the pictures looked good. There was little to no real thought being put into it. Lets call it educated guessing. Now I really know how to use a lot of the different tools and layers. And what things to look for and why I should change them.

So here is a series of edits.This first one is SOOC.
katie 006
This is my first edit that I did on my own a few days ago. I couldn't tell you how I got it to look this way.
katie 006
In this next one, I took the already edited version and just reduced the amount of red. What a difference!
katie 006 4
Then I started over from scratch. And when I say I, I mean Amanda mostly. We reduced the amount of blue, adjusted the levels a pinch and added a little contrast. Then we desaturated the wall she is sitting on because the color stood out to much.
katie 006 2
And in this last one we (ok, Amanda) added an artificial fish eye effect just for fun!
katie 006 3

I think I like my original edit with the reduced red the best. Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment