Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Learning More and More Every Time!

I had a lot of good photography opportunities in the last couple days.  I was off of work all weekend and pretty much spent the entire time taking pictures. On Saturday morning we went to the The Botanical Gardens as a family. When we got there it was sleeting... did you hear that?! SLEETING! Lucky for us the garden has something called the Climatron. The Climatron is an indoor, um, greenhouse? Whatever it is its huge, warm and has natural lighting!

mobot 018_edited-1 mobot 031_edited-1 mobot 040
So we went in there for a while until the weather got better. Even though there is not a lot of growth going on right now it was such a good place to take pictures. So many great architecture and texture opportunities. I worked on Aperture priority mode for most of the time we were there. Then at the end I decided to play around with complete manual mode. What a difference! I should have done it the whole time!
mobot 120 mobot 170_edited-1 mobot 206 mobot 154 mobot 173 mobot 197
I will be going back for sure!

On Sunday morning I went with the kids and my mom to the zoo. (yes we went to the zoo again, get use to it) Honestly I didn't get a whole lot of good stuff this time. There were A LOT of people there and the kids were far less cooperative than the day before.

zoo w_edited-1 zoo w. nonnie 002 Sunday afternoon I went to The City Garden with my sister-in-law Katie. I was so excited to take pictures of an adult finally! I had so many ideas for this place. It is full of rock walls, waterfalls and skyscrapers in the background. Its amazing.

katie 011_edited-1 katie 067 Untitled-1 katie 063 katie 038 katie 032 katie 006

I really have learned a lot in the last week. I've discovered and struggled with Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, decided the start shooting in RAW and Manual and have gotten some great pictures. I am hoping to be off next Sunday and take pictures of my niece and a couple of great friends. Hopefully even a friend with her horse on Monday. Here's to getting better and better and better...

No comments:

Post a Comment